One of the hardest parts about eating clean and eating Paleo is trying to find tasty things to snack on and for me personally, sweet things to snack on. That’s when I came across this simple recipe for peanut butter and jelly cups! They are so easy to make and so tasty, you may find it hard not to eat them all in one sitting!
I personally do not really eat peanut butter, or use anything in the way of peanuts, so I modified this recipe to use almond meal instead of peanut flour, and it came out great!
These little cups can be great for a midday snack, or a quick bite for breakfast, or really just anytime you’re craving something sweet! I had all of the ingredients in my house already since there are not that many, and they are very common ingredients that would be found in a Paleo or clean cupboard.
This was the first time I attempted making these, and they came out great, there were some modifications that I think need to be made, which I will include in the recipe. I also think that if you have some cocao available, adding that to the “almond butter” mixture could be an interesting addition. That way you can get a little sense of chocolate in them and really quell that sweet tooth!
There are so many different things you can do with this simple recipe to modify it and make it your own, so I urge you to try things out, and try things that you may not think sound good at first! That’s how the best tasting treats are created sometimes (and sometimes the worst tasting. But you have to try!!)
Almond Butter and Jelly Cups
I would like to give credit to Leah from Love me, Feed me for this recipe.
Prep Time: About 15 minutes
Chill Time: About 30 minutes
Total Time: About 45 minutes
The listed ingredients make about 6-7 cups using medium sized tin liners (These are what I’m talking about)
- 1/2 cup Cacao butter or Coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Almond meal
- 3 Tbps Honey (More if you like it sweeter) or 10-15 drops of Liquid Stevia
- 1 Cup Fresh or frozen berries
- 2 tsp Chia seeds
- Start by making the jam!! – Place the berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over medium heat and allow them to cook down until very soft
- Place the contents of the saucepan into a bowl and mash the berries down until as smooth as possible (it should have the consistency of liquidy jam)
- Stir in the Chia seeds and place in the fridge to set
- Melt the cocao butter or the coconut oil using a double boiler method or in the microwave
- Once melted mix in the Honey or Stevia and the Almond flour
- Stir until the consistency is slightly thick and everything has mixed
- Arrange your liners on a plate and spoon some of the “almond butter” into each of the liners to cover the bottoms (Be sure to coat the sides of the liners as well) and place these in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set
- While those are setting you can do a little clean up!
- Once set, spoon the jelly into the center of each of the liners, trying to keep it in the center
- Then use the remaining “almond butter” to cover the tops of the cups (You want to try to get the “almond butter” to surround the jelly completely)
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set
I highly encourage you to try these out! They are so simple and so delicious that you’ll want to make them over and over again and have everyone try them! I know that’s how I feel about them right now. Please let me know how they come out for you or and let me know if you make any modifications to them!
Eat clean, Lift dirty